Ah! Happy October friends! October has to be one of my favorite months EVERRR!!! Fall time, pumpkin everythingggg, earlier nights and colder days! Leaves falling and trees changing colors. You can not tell me you do not love fall!!
I have challenged myself to 31 days of fall in the month of October, and to kick this off I am starting with this amazing Pumpkin Cake!!
If you are looking for the perfect way to kick off October, this is definitely the way to start! This mouth watering cake is so dang amazing!!
This cake is pure delicious! My older sister made it and I immediately knew that I needed to share it with you guys ASAP!!
Below I have attached the original recipe my sister followed, as well as included all the ingredients. We did tweek the recipe for what we had in the house.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 and 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil ( we use Canola)
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Those include flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda, set this aside!
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar. Mix together until fluffy! Slowly add in the dry ingredients
- spread the batter in a baking pan and bake a 350 degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow an hour to cool off until adding frosting.
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of butter (Softened)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
I find this easiest to do in a kitchen aid...
First you will mix cream cheese and butter together, add in powder sugar vanilla and milk
The recipe we followed, she added nutmeg to her frosting!
The original recipe calls for 30oz cream cheese, the recipe we followed, she used more.... I must say the extra is GREAT!!!
Lets Connect: //
Instagram: Simply Miss Morgan
Facebook: Simply Miss Morgan
Pinterest: Simply Miss Morgan