Since I have been home, I have been baking and cooking like a crazy woman! I think my love for cooking and not having any ingredients in AZ, I got back and just went crazy!! Since being back, I have made this Lemon bread twice! ( I have been back for four days!) My family and Ryan's loved it.
1 lemon zest
3 eggs -
1 juice from a large lemon ( the one from the zest)
1 cup of all purpose flour -
1/2 tsp of baking powder -
1/4 tsp baking soda-
1 cup of granulated sugar-
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sour cream
--- Preheat over to 350! ---
1. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar until fulling mixed.
3. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time, adding in the others as the previous one is fully mixed.
4. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice
5. In Slow speed add in the flour mixture and the sour cream
6. Once the batter is fully mixed, pour the batter into the prepared pan and let bake for 40-50 minutes. If you notice your bread is browning, fold a piece of tin foil over the top of the the bread and let continue baking.
-- Now this is the tricky task because all recipes say to only use a cup of baking powder, My momma taught me that you need the whole bag for it to be an icing consistency
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp of milk.
Wisk together all the ingredients until an icing consistency.
If you make this recipe, tag me in your pictures!! I would love to know your thoughts on this delicious bread!!
Lets Connect: //
Instagram: Simply Miss Morgan
Facebook: Simply Miss Morgan